ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753946 Members
8319 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600 Reboots

john davis_6

Proliant 1600 Reboots

I have a dual proliant 1600 (550 mhz) and i recently installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2. It has a RAID 5 configuration. I used all the Windows 2000 drivers and everything was fine. Now it reboots itself once every now and then sometimes twice a day sometimes once every three days...Any ideas please...I have had an electrician check the power and he says it's fine...Eventvwr says an unexpected reoot has occurred and that is it....
If it ain't broke....there must be something wrong with it
2 REPLIES 2
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

No blue screen or anything? What does the Intergrated Management Log say? I have seen some servers just reboot randomly when the power supplies are going (like the good old ML350).
e4services
Honored Contributor

There is another post here froma week or so ago on this same subject, different machine, a Netserver, but I will respond the same.

We had the exact problem with one of our machines. Not log entry, no OS record, no CheckDIsk on reboot, nothing. Just at some rendom point rebooted. We did some experiments removing things that ended with removing CPUs. Run the machine on each, one at a time. Turned out one caused the problem. Do not know why. Temperature problems usually cause a hang from my experience, not a reboot. Anyway for what it is worth....
Hot Swap Hard Drives