1753701 Members
5021 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600 - SCSI ID jumpers problem

Andrzej Wisniewski

Proliant 1600 - SCSI ID jumpers problem

Hello

I have a problem with reconfiguration SCSI ID for integrated scsi controler (on the mainboard). I have no mainboard schema and I can not find it so I think that there should be some interesting jumpers ...

Please help me if you know link to place where I can find technical mainboard description :/ ...
5 REPLIES 5
Joseph Loo
Honored Contributor

hi andrzej,

refer to this doc:

http://h200001.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_149036-001_rev3_us/TPM_149036-001_rev3_us.pdf
-> chapter 4: Connectors, Switches, and Jumpers

hope it helps.

regards.
what you do not see does not mean you should not believe
Andrzej Wisniewski

Thx for response and link. There are a lot of interesting information about Proliant 1600 server series but there is no information about scsi jumper settings :/

Thx any way :)
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

Do you have the smart start cd? Maybe the controller is configured via the smart start or some other bios setup?

sorry I'm not much help, It's been too long since I've touched one of these boxes to remember.

-denver
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Andrzei,

As far as I know SCSI IDs are needed only on a non-hot plag hard drives. IF you have a hot plag drives whether they are connected to the onboard SCSI or a raid controller the SCSI ID is assigned by the SCSI backplane so no worries if you have a hot plag hard drives.
However, if your drives are non-hot plag you need to set the SCSI ID on the hard drives it self through the jumpers at the back of the hard drive besides the port on the hard drive where the scsi cable goes in.
There is nothing that you have to do on the systemboard regarding the SCSI IDs on the hard drives.
This might give you some idea on how it works
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=tis15006

I will try to explain it this way. If you find where the SCSI ID jumper is on the hard drive here is what you do.
Condisder
0 as non jumperd pin
and
1 as jumpered pin
Jumper SCSI
setting(s) ID
0000 0
0001 1
0010 2
0011 3
0100 4
0101 5
0110 6
0111 7
1000 8
1001 9
1010 10
1011 11
1100 12
1101 13
1110 14
1111 15

Note that
1.This setting should be done on the physical drive
2.ID 7 can not be assigned as the controller will be assigned as ID 7

Regards
Amha Kassa
Andrzej Wisniewski

Hello Amha,

Thx for the overview about SCSI ID ;) - I know that I didn't describe exactly my situation so ...

I want to connect two scsi cards (external disks storage) and in this way I want to be sure that I have different ID on each scsi device. Because I have some problem with this connection first of my ideas was to check it :/