1752376 Members
5573 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600 Second processor Win2K

Mike Stevens_2
Frequent Advisor

Proliant 1600 Second processor Win2K

I installed a second processor in my 1600 and the system did not install the drivers for it. Do I need to manually change the driver from MPS Uniprocessor PC to MPS Multi-Processor PC? What are the dangers in doing this if any? This is a production machine and I can't afford to have it get "upset" with me. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Stevens
3 REPLIES 3
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

After adding the processor - did you run system setup and configured the APIC for multiprocessor configuration ?

Boot from system partition, press CTRL-A to activate advanced options, go into system setup and change apic mode to full table mapped.
Mike Stevens_2
Frequent Advisor

I did run the system partition utilities and noticed that it was on Full Table. I wasn't sure that I should change it to full table mapped. I will give this a try and let you know what happens.

Thanks for the Quick response.

Mike Stevens
Mike Stevens_2
Frequent Advisor

I set the machine to Full Table Mapped and the system seemed to run slower than before. I changed the system from MPS Uni-processor to MPS multi-Processor and the system booted up just fine but was still slow. I returned the setting back to Full Table and it seemed to pick up a bit of speed. But now, when I open any explorer windows, I have to manually refresh the window to see it's content. Any ideas or clues as to why this happened?

Thanks,

Mike Stevens