4808 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600--SmartStart Error Code 45

SOLVED
Go to solution
Colleen Stowe

Proliant 1600--SmartStart Error Code 45

I'm installing Novell 5.0 on a Proliant 1600R with SmartStart 4.90 in order to test a migration of a two-server production system to Netware 6.5. Every time I do the Smartstart, when we reboot after choosing the operating system, the system comes back up "An unrecoverable error occurred while running SmartStart. Error Code: 45 The system erase utility must be run to prepare the system to run SmartStart again." If I do that, I simply end up in the same place again. I have switched to a different SmartStart 4.9 CD, but it made no difference. I really need to stay at SmartStart 4.9 since it supports the Netware 5.0 install. (The only other older CD I have is 5.3, which doesn't support the Netware 5.0 install.) I have another near-identical unit that this worked fine on this afternoon. Any thoughts which way to go with this? Am I looking at a hardware issue? (These are both old, used servers with no known issues.) Is there a site that gives SmartStart error codes so I can interpret what this unit is trying to tell me?

Colleen Stowe
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Colleen,
This happens when you have 1GB or more memory installed in the server. Atleast that's what my personal experience was. Please bring down the RAM to minimum configuration and it should work fine after running the system erase. Please let me know as to how you make out.

Regards,
Colleen Stowe

Thank you! That worked! Who would ever imagine you can have TOO MUCH memory???? Go figure...
Del_3
Trusted Contributor

I am having a similar problem with SmartStart 5.50 and a 1850r Proliant. My error is "An unrecoverable error occurred while running SmartStart. Error Code: 26" I have only 300Mb of memory. I suppose I need to increase my memory.

Ideas?