New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600 System Parttion update

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rgomes
Valued Contributor

Proliant 1600 System Parttion update

Hi All,

Can anyone help! me regarding updating System partition on Compaq Proliant 1600, running Windows NT 4.0. What are the steps involved? I need to do that on a production machine.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

3 REPLIES 3
Rgomes
Valued Contributor

Hi Again,

Any one can help me regarding update the system partition of Proliant 1600 running NT 4.0.

Thanks

richard
e4services
Honored Contributor

Richard,

It is unclear what you desire in "updating system partition" . Please define further. Do you want to increase the partitions size? (reinstall is required or PartitionMagic) Do you want to update the version of the OS?
Sorry for the lack of an clear answer.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Patricia L. Medina
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Richard,

You can use a SmartStart CD to update your server's System Partition. When you boot the server, choose "Run System Partition Utilities," and there is an option to update the files on the partition. You will have to have DOS drivers loaded so the CD can be read, or change the boot order to boot from CD first. You can also download the files you want to update from this website; look for the correct SP (make sure to get the version that will allow you to create diskettes). For instance, CP003188. Generally, files that can be updated are the ACU (array config utility), SCU (system config), etc.

Patti