cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 1600 and KVM Switch Problem

Mir
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 1600 and KVM Switch Problem

Hi, I have a Proliant 1600 running Windows 2000/Exchange 2000. I just installed a KVM switch (Belkin Omniview 16-port) to connect 9 computers. Only this Proliant 1600 is giving me problems. It says keyboard not found. I had an older D-Link KVM switch for 4 computers attached before and it worked fine. Now that I switched to this Belkin KVM it won't recognize the KB. I now have another keyboard connected directly to the Prolaint and it is working (I have no problem with the monitor and mouse just the KB). I would like to have it connect to the KVM swtich as the other computers but don't know how to do it. Does anybody have any ideas?
3 REPLIES
seehigh
Advisor

Re: Proliant 1600 and KVM Switch Problem

Probably you will need to buy a interface adapter ....

this little fella is like this one on the link

http://images.ciao.com/iuk/images/products/normal/447/product-5368447.jpg

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Are you sure there isn't a cable issue between the system and the KVM? Try swapping the cables out, the keyboard pins in the cables get bent easily

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Mir
Occasional Visitor

I did change to a new cable and that didn't work. I even switched the keyboard to the KVM Switch and then took that KB and connected it directly to the Proliant 1600 and it recognized it then. I can't seem to get it to recognize the KB when I use the KVM cable.