ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752564 Members
4701 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 1600 clean install of win2K

MichaelAnderson

Proliant 1600 clean install of win2K

I have an old NT DC I want to do a clean install of Win2K server. However, I cannot get the system to boot to the CD. I tried the diskette install but when it came time to read the CD it would not. I flashed the BIOS to the Nov 2000 version. The system did boot once to the SmartStart CD but hung and would not boot to it again. I got the 5.5 version (was using the 4.8) and got same results. Appreciate anyone's help!
4 REPLIES 4
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

Re: Proliant 1600 clean install of win2K

How about replacing a CD drive :-). I think this would do the trick....
Nothing is impossible for those that don't have to do it themselves!
MichaelAnderson

Thanks for your feedback!
that is the one thing I didn't do. swapped processor cage into another platform and was able to boot to the CD successfully. blew away the configs and started from scratch. however, when I got to the insert OS cd, still would not read. I KNOW the cd is bootable. so I used the diskette setup anyway. I will let you know how it goes.
Sean Marshall_1
Frequent Advisor

Have you tried to clear NVRAM and then run the System Configuration Utility to reset the boot order? You can download SP19619.exe from http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

See if that helps

MichaelAnderson

Finally got the OS installed. Just kept trying until the server booted from the CD. Must be just old hard ware that's out lived it's time! Thanks for your help and feedback.