4649 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600 disable onboard net card

SOLVED
Go to solution
George Blais

Proliant 1600 disable onboard net card

Have purchased 2 nc1020's to go into a Proliant 1600 running Windows 2003. Install went perfectly. The two net cards went in perfectly.

When trying to install the configuration utility to team the two gig cards received the message "This installation has detected that one or more TLAN controllers are installed in your system. TLAN controllers are not supported by this utility and must be removed from your system before installation can be performed."

Assuming that TLAN refers to the chipset on the card installed on the motherboard... I have disabled the card in EISA setup, disabled it in Windows with no effect.

Is there a jumper to disable it from a hardware point of view such that it will not be seen by the OS or HP installation utility.

6 REPLIES 6
Murad_3
Frequent Advisor

Is it in the BIOS?
Mark Morgan
Regular Advisor

Your case cover should have settings on it. Is it a rack or tower?
You should be able to find information from this URL:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?тМй=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254906тМй=en&cc=us

Hope this helps and Good Luck
George Blais

Have been to this page before, and there does not seem to be any information that will help me. Have scoured the manual for all jumpers and settings...

It is a tower by the way.

Have even been into the EISA setup, in the jumpers and switches area, but there is no information there.

1-800-HPInvent did not even know what "TLAN" was...

I wonder if anyone has a simplified team configuration software for the nc-1020 that will allow me to team these two nics.
George Blais

To Murad...

the EISA setup is the bios for this type of machine... it is what you get to with the F10 utilities... There is no F2 bios setup in this type of machine. Wish there were.

It has been disabled there and the mac address has been set to 000000. Windows 2003 still sees the hardware and tries to add it as a malfunctioning peice of hardware... I have tried uninstalling the device from windows and although windows no longer lists it, the install program from hp does.
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi George,

There is no jumper to disable the onboard NIC. The only option is to disable the NIC in the BIOS/EISA.

If the above has not resolved the issue, the only option left is to use the Network Configuration Utility(NCU) version 7.50.0.0B

Download the NCU 7.50.0.0.B from the following link:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19914.html

This NCU supports TLAN and also NC1020 NICs.

Regards,
Raj.
George Blais

Raj

You blessed man... This is precisely and exactly what I was looking for...

If there were 20 points for an answer you would get them...