ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752802 Members
4892 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600 intermitten reboot

Bill Cartwright

Proliant 1600 intermitten reboot

I've searched the forums and really not found an issue that fits mine.

Proliant 1600 running NT4 SP6. No events being logged. Simply the last shutdown was unexpected. To date I've swapped memory and the PIII 550 processor. I thought the problem was resolved until today. Blue screen was shown with critical warning message to contact manufacturer. I was able to perform a hard restart and the server is now back online. During one episode I did see a NMI relating to uncorrectable memory error for slot 0, socket 1. Then another time a non-volatile memory message was seen during the server restart, which I'm guessing is likely battery related.

Any suggestions? I have a 2nd spare processor, memory modules, as well as, a spare array controller. Motherboard has been ordered just in case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I will tearing into this server again tonight...
2 REPLIES 2
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

NVRAM and memory errors ??
Battery installed at PCI board, Memory at Processor Board, old battery should not cause system to crush and Memory errors.
What exactly you ordered Processor board? which from HW components would be more suspected.

Bill Cartwright

Yes, I ordered a motherboard as part of the process of eliminating the issue.