1752761 Members
5012 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600 problem

nitin_12
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 1600 problem

Proliant 1600 server is getting hanged frequently with "hardware malfuntioning contact vendor" error message is coming. When I diagnose server with compaq diagnose utility, it gets hung on serial.tm file check status. What is Serial.TM file?
nitin
4 REPLIES 4
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

It's one of the files attempting to load from the system partition or floppy (if you've booted off these to run diagnostics). Is there any third party hardware in the server? A Digi board would be an example.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
nitin_12
Occasional Contributor

Previously it was working properly. Suddenly server is giving error message "hardware malfuncting, contact vendor" After booting & check for hardware check through Compaq diagnostic, server is getting hang while checking Serial.TM file... Previously this test was through. I dont know where the problem is. Server is giving blue screen after booting in windows NT 4.0 server after login to server.
nitin
Arthur Chang
Frequent Advisor

According to my experience,It must be hardware fail,I suggest you should call HP.

thank you!!
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

So there is no third party hardware installed?

This could be a hardware problem, but I would recommend all hardware NOT required to boot into the OS is removed first, then try to boot into diagnostics.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..