ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748184 Members
3915 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600 randomly rebooting

Glen Wilson

Proliant 1600 randomly rebooting

I am having an issue with a Windows 2000 Proliant 1600 server. It keeps randomly rebooting. There is nothing significant in the Event Viewer, no BSODs, nothing to indicate what is causing the reboots. I ran smart start, ran the array diagnostics utility, and it indicated that neither of the two drives in the array were "stamped for monitoring". This is the only evidence I can find as to what the problem may be. Also, the reboots only happen once the array has initialized. Can anyone give me some advice on how to discover the gremlin in my machine?
4 REPLIES 4
paul courry
Honored Contributor

Try booting in Safe Mode with VGA. A fubared viedo card driver can cause this very easily. If you can run for a while under safe mode then replace the video card driver.

BTW, I once had to replace a video card because there was no fix for the problem, just be advised.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Please make sure that the BIOS and firmware are all up to par.
Also make sure the All Agents are up to par also. This will help with reporting errors. By any chance do you have the Integrated Mngmnt Log Viewer installed? Sometimes this will report errors also.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Adam Self

Have seen this caused by bad memory too!
There's always a way...
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

We had the same problem, got cured by replacing the power supply.