ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753264 Members
5282 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 1600 tape drives

Bremer194

Proliant 1600 tape drives

I have just acquired a number of Proliant 1600 servers which will be used on an NT4 training network (<20 workstations).
Having successfully installed NT4 server I am trying to get the tape drives working so I can take a "bare build" backup of the system. The device is detected by NT and shows up in NT Backup.
My problem is the tapes themselves don't work. When inserted the drive tries to load the tape and the activity light flashes for a few seconds before being ejected. I am using brand new 150m DAT 36/72GB tapes and am just wondering if this might be the problem, should I be looking for older(?) lower capacity tapes. I've tried without luck to find further info on the tape drive capacity.
Any help is much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Proliant 1600 tape drives

What is the Tape Drive Model?
Bremer194

I'm not sure which tape drive is fitted... thats part of the reason i can't identify the tapes required. All I can tell you is they are standard PL1600 Pentium III 550 MHz dual processor models with all original equipment.
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Here is a link for teh PL1600 Quickspecs, go there, go to options and look for internal and external tape drives.. there are option part numbers for compatible tapes..

Seem's like the one you're using is not compatible, Supposing you hava DAT Tape..

You can dismount your tape drive and look for a number that should have this format: ######-###, copy it, google it and you'll find your tape drive model..

I'm sure you should be fine with this tip.

chongkan
Trusted Contributor