Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 1600R CPU not matching?

Steve Yang_2
Advisor

Proliant 1600R CPU not matching?

I got a Proliant 1600R.
When I installed win2000 server I found there is some logs about hardware.

1.The CPUs in this multiprocessor system are not all the same revision level. To use all processors the operating system restricts itself to the features of the least capable processor in the system. Should problems occur with this system, contact the CPU manufacturer to see if this mix of processors is supported.

2.The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Scsi\Cpq32fs22.

The first one occurs whennever I restart the system and the second one occured when I add a surestore tape 5000 with an adaptor.

Are these errors fatal and how should I deal with these.

Thanks in advance.
steve_yxf
3 REPLIES
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Proliant 1600R CPU not matching?

For a mulitprocessor server, as long asthe cpu with the lowest stepping is in the first cpu slot then you shouldn't have any problems. Please update the BIOS and also the F10 partition (SCU).
For the CPQ32FS2 error:
Are you using a Smart Array controller to boot from? If so then please plug in a terminated cable on the on-board SCSI port. You might be getting the errors because the driver is loaded but there is nothing attached to it.
These errors are not fatal.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

For a mulitprocessor server, as long asthe cpu with the lowest stepping is in the first cpu slot then you shouldn't have any problems. Please update the BIOS and also the F10 partition (SCU).
For the CPQ32FS2 error:
Are you using a Smart Array controller to boot from? If so then please plug in a terminated cable on the on-board SCSI port. You might be getting the errors because the driver is loading but there is nothing attached to it.

Mark
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

For a mulitprocessor server, as long as the cpu with the lowest stepping is in the first cpu slot then you shouldn't have any problems. Please update the BIOS and also the F10 partition (SCU).
For the CPQ32FS2 error:
Are you using a Smart Array controller to boot from? If so then please plug in a terminated cable on the on-board SCSI port. You might be getting the errors because the driver is loading but there is nothing attached to it.

Mark