ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753912 Members
8614 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600R questions/issues

boyd_3

Proliant 1600R questions/issues

Hi, I have a couple proliant 1600R servers. One has 1 PII 350 processor (just need to get a smartstart CD....any ideas????) the other one has 2 PII 400's. I want to use the 2 400's in the server that has the 1 350 processor. Anything unique I need to consider??? I plugged the whole cage in once and it won't do anything. IDEAS???? thanks. my email is brollyson@adelphia.net
7 REPLIES 7
Tiago de Aviz
Advisor

Hey Boyd,

the processor board will be different from the model with 1 processor and two processors... try checking it out.

You plugged the whole processor cage on the other server and it didn't work? does it work on the original server?
boyd_3

Tiago de Aviz Feb 2, 2004 13:50:26 GMT Hey Boyd,
the processor board will be different from the model with 1 processor and two processors... try checking it out.

You plugged the whole processor cage on the other server and it didn't work? does it work on the original server?

Hi Tiago,
Yes I plugged the whole processor cage in. I'm not 100% sure it worked on the other server (No Power Supply). The server with the 1 processor installed works (it has 1 Pii-350 processor - I even tried to install another PII-350 processor and said there was no resistor to support a second processor). Guess I will test the 400mhz processors out and make sure they work. Is there a jumper on the board someplace to change from 350 > 400 mhz and from single to dual processors?? Sorry for so many questions, just trying to figure this out. Also need a smartstart CD..Any suggestions?? I'd pay a few bucks for one. Thanks.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Boyd,
A smart Start CD can be obtained by calling 1-800-573-1099. Please make sure that you specify that you want 5.50 version because 6.x won't help you load your system. You can order that via Web from the following link:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/smartstartinfo.html

Regards,
boyd_3

Thanks for the info. Is there a way to configure the server without the smartstart CD??? I see where there are lots of utilities one can download from compaq/hp.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Boyd,
Yes you can download System configuration utility from the following link and create software diskettes:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

But if you intend to set up a RAID then you would need the smart start CD.

The following link has all other Software for your server assuming you would be installing W2K:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1126.html

Regards,
boyd_3

Can the smartstart 5.5 be downloaded from any ftp sites that anyone know of?
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Boyd,
Smart Start is not downloadable option. So far the only way to get it is ordering it by calling 1-800-573-1099 or via web order.

Regards,