1753466 Members
4644 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 1600R

Markus Fischer

Proliant 1600R

Hello,

how am I able to enter the BIOS of the ProLiant 1600R machines?
I have already tried many keyboard options (function keys, del, ctrl+c, ctrl+a) but I have always been at the "Non-System disk or diskfailure"-message. It also occurs if there is any bootable floppy or bootable cd-rom entered. Can one of you help me out and tell me how I can enter the BIOS and change the boot order?

Many, many thanks,...
Markus
3 REPLIES 3
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 1600R

The system setup of the P1600 is disk based. If a hard drive with system partition is installed then you can press F10 to enter setup.

You can also boot from SmartStart CD or run system configuration from floppy disk. If you don't have a SmartStart CD you can download system configuration floppy disks here:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html
Markus Fischer

Many thanks,

but it still does not work, it does not boot from floppy or cd :-(
I also already changed the set of harddrives and still the error occurs, also with the disks I took from th hp website, nothing to boot, might it be failure of the bus the cd-rom and floppy are attached to?

thanks,...
markus
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Markus,

Does the system perform its Power-On-Self-Test OK? Does it give the Compaq logo, then detect the memory and see the CPU(s) which are installed? If it does all this you may be able to reset the NVRAM by setting switch 6 on the I/O module and then rebooting to see if it will boot from floppy or CD.

Also remove the side cover and check that the CD and floppy disk cables are attached properly to the small interconnect backplane which the I/O and Processor cages plug into.
If the system POST's OK there is no reason why it won't boot from floppy or CD, providing these devices are OK. The CD's can give problems but the floppy disks are normally OK as they are so seldom used.

If the system does not POST OK, check all the cables going to the small interconnect backplane, especially the one which looks like a CD audio cable as it may have fallen off its connector. I have attached an image of the backplane indicating this cable.

I hope this helps.

Brian