Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 1600R

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Hall_10
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 1600R

I have an old Proliant 1600R server that I'm trying to reload but it seems this is only possible via a Smart Start CD since I can't find either the Array Configuration Utility that will work with the Smart Array 3200 controller or the driver to install Windows 2000 (only a driver that you can update if Windows is already loaded). Is this true, because it seems a bit silly. If so, what is the newest version of the Smart Start CD that will support this server? It's rather difficult to find the correct information on this web site...
5 REPLIES
Solution

Re: Proliant 1600R

NO you can download system control utility and do that setup.Also other downloads like erase and start fresh there all in if you look for support and drivers and pick which os you want.

NO you can download system control utility and do that setup.Also other downloads like erase and start fresh there all in if you look for support and drivers and pick which os you want.Trying to help but this link is for window 2000 support for your server I have PL 1600 and i use it for most all i needed http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1126.html
AK85LP
Advisor

The last version of the Smart Start Cd was 5.50 for all Generation 1 or 100 series server (ie 1600, 8500, etc.) It would be better if you used the cd so you can have the F10 partition installed. Just remember if you do an assisted install from the cd, it will ask for a "profile diskette". If you don't have one you can make one by opening up Notepad on another machine, do not type in any characters at all, go to Save As, change the file type to all files, and save the file to a floppy disk as spd.ini. This will be your user profile diskette.

AK85Lp
John Hall_10
Occasional Visitor

I was able to get the correct driver so I could get it loaded without an OS already there, but still cannot find the Array Configuration Utility that I can boot to using floppys so I can create the array without using windows. If I could find that one module, I would be all set.

Thanks,
AK85LP
Advisor

I have never used it (ACU from floppies) but you can try it here. It is under SP6263.
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp6001-6500/

Good Luck
AK85LP