4400 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 1850R drivers wont load

Ryan_85
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 1850R drivers wont load

HI

we recently started off with a fresh install of windows 2000 server. the ATI Rage IIC video driver will not load. Also, there is a PCI memory drive that did not load. Now i am getting "error checking parity" Please contact hardware vendor. The server locks up. The problem is not consitent. I do get a error in the event log that the "memory addresses could not be mapped for the graphics card. now it is saying a memory error but, do i have a driver problem. how can I fix this. the only thing foreign in the machine is a intel gigabit NIC card. please help.

Ryan
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 1850R drivers wont load

Hello Ryan,
Please update the System BIOS first. Do you have PCAnywhere loaded?? If the Ans is yes then uninstall PCANYWHERE. Reload the Video drivers and you can install PCANY afterwards. When was the last time did you update the drivers on the system?? You may want to use 5.50B support paq before you go to the latest ones. Support paq 5.50B can be downloaded from the following link:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/16368.html

Regards,
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 1850R drivers wont load

Do you have a Remote Insight Board installed? This is what would normally cause both the pci memory controller error and also the memory address error in the event viewer (event id 2, I believe).

I would make sure the driver is installed for the RIB (just install the support pack) and I would also recommend disabling the embedded video within device manager.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..