3931 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 1850R locks up before boot

SOLVED
Go to solution
Seawolf

Proliant 1850R locks up before boot

I have 2 1850r's having the same problem. They run for a while and then when rebooted the screen just goes blank and nother ever happens when it tries to come back up. no start screens or anything. I am using a Smart Array 3200 controller.

I have reloaded the config, done a system errase and full reload, replaced the cmos battery and nothing seems to help. The only thing that works is leaving switch 6 on (maintenance mode) that blows away the system config but I have to hit F1 every time on reboot and sometimes that is not possible.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant 1850R locks up before boot

Is there any additional Cards?
If dual CPU try one at time and PPM
System ROM Up to date
Memory Original? No MIX? Try one set at time
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

I would recommended to open a case with HP on this and see what they have to tell. This looks like a hardware issue to start with
-Try and run the diagnostics to make sure it does not report any error
-try to run in a degraded moded(just the os no application) like less memory ,single cpu
Dont try too many swap at the sametime,document what changes you made everytime.
I very well know it is just not as easy I tell you but to get to a solution I think you might have to sweat it out a bit.

Rgds

HGN
Seawolf

It was a USB 2.0 card I had addded. After removing it and reconfiguring the server it seems to boot fine now.

Thanks!