cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 2000: CPQE5FF.CFG System Config File Needed

Scott Wilson_9
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 2000: CPQE5FF.CFG System Config File Needed

I have a Proliant 2000 with a Smart Array Controller. I made the mistake are removing the Smart Array controller, now I have a configuration error. When I run any of the three versions of System Configuration including the latest, I'm asked for a configuration file CPQE5FF.CFG to config the EISA array controller. I can not find this file on any disk 2 of the system configuration files or any smart start cds.

Anyone that could tell me where to file the config .CFG file or that could attach one would earn a gold star in my book. I downloaded every softpaq I can find for array controllers but can't find this config file.

This is a pretty old controller, with no marking for part numbers but *44085* and has nothing in the REV. block. I've been unable to determine what smart array controller I currently have or the revision.
2 REPLIES
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 2000: CPQE5FF.CFG System Config File Needed

Hi,

Have we try to reconfigure the SCU again on the server and check again.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Scott Wilson_9
Occasional Visitor

Re: Proliant 2000: CPQE5FF.CFG System Config File Needed

Thanks for the fast response.

I've tried to reconfigure using the SCU, however when I choose the Auto Configure option I am prompted for the !CPQE5FF.CFG file. If I choose to skip this, I can not configure the Smart Array controller.

If I try to manually configure using the SCU, I am again prompted for the !CPQE5FF.CFG file to setup the Smart Array controller.

Unfortunately, in the dark places of my memory, I remember having some of these issues when these Proliants were first released. The only solution is to have the correct config file, which I can not find anywhere.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.

Scott