cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 2500 Dual CPU

Vincent Chua_1
Occasional Advisor

Proliant 2500 Dual CPU

Initially, it's running on 1 cpu and everything works fine.
then I added 2 cpu and everything works fine too.
However, when I change the control panel system computer to multiprocessor, problems comes out.
First, IE becomes very slow, especially those with ASP. I tried patching it, no improvement. Installed netscape and try the same site, ok.
Second, whenever I try to open my computer, the globe just turn and turn. I must rlick click and refresh. Now I disable web view and go to classic view. It works fine.
Can anyone please advise?
6 REPLIES
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 2500 Dual CPU

Hello Vincent,
is the System BIOS uptodate?? If not then please update it. Secondly, How is the APIC mode set?? This is suppose to be set to Full Table Mapped for dual CPUs to function properly.

cheers,
Vincent Chua_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
I'm trying to find the latest bios. Where can I find it?
If my system do not have a system partition, can I create it now without reformatting my server?
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Vincent,
Here is the link for the System BIOS as well as other SW for your server.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1113.html

cheers,
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Vincent,
No you cannot create a system partition once your server is configured already. You can definitely run System configuration either with the Smart Start CD upto Version 5.50B only or by creating System configuration diskettes via SP19619 from the link I provided you already.

Cheers,
Vincent Chua_1
Occasional Advisor

what's the best way to solve this problem. My server don't have a system partition and when I tried to bootup using the diskette, the error say not able to find the configuration file.
Please advise
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

The configuration file error normally indicates you have an eisa or isa adapter installed (3rd party). The system configuration utility is not required to flash the firmware. I would recommend downloading it then cold booting off the floppy to update the firmware:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/8571.html
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..