Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 2500 Post

tripper91
Frequent Advisor

Proliant 2500 Post

hi
i have a problem with my old proliant 2500. It powers up correctly but nothing showa up on the moniter. It also has an inbuilt LCD but it just lays still on the screen displaying its LCD firmware. has any got any ideas.

thanx in advance
2 REPLIES
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

Re: Proliant 2500 Post

tripper,
When you say it powers up, are you sure it is actually booting? If not are there any beeps coming from the system? Is there a RIB card installed in the server? If so is it cabled properly and are you connected to the VGA port on that as opposed to the system?

Last I would try connecting an old CRT directly to the VGA port on the server to confirm there is not an issue with your LCD screen. We ran into problems a while back with old servers and APC LCD consoles. They just did not want to play nice for some reason. They work fine on later generation boxes though.
tripper91
Frequent Advisor

Re: Proliant 2500 Post

yeah i think its booting up cause the fans begin churning and lights on the mainboard light up. It looks to be cabled correctly. There isnt an issue with my monitor because it works with the server beside this 1 and it is directly connected to the VGA port on the motherboard.

any1 else got ideas?