Go to solution
Darren Page

Proliant 2500 Tower POST Error 1702

I have a Proliant 2500 Tower and I cleared the
NVRAM. After performing this action I got the following POST error messages:

172-EISA Configuration Nonvolatile Memory Invalid Initialization Aborted

1702-SCSI Cable Error Detected, System Board
System Halted

I have tried re-setting the server's configuration by turning switch 6 on the SW1 on, but to no effect. Also, I have replaced the SCSI cable from the Array Controller to the Disks, but I am still getting the same problems. Can anybody help?
7 REPLIES 7
Claude Boileau
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant 2500 Tower POST Error 1702

Hi Darren

Did you brought back the switch 6 to default Off to let the system re-configure itself up?

Also 1702 might be related to the embeded controller not being used. You need to make sure the embeded is terminated with terminator (sp 295947-001) (if not used on the pro model of the pl2500).

Regards
Darren Page

Claude,

I did put switch 6 back to the off position after powering the server on and then off. Also, I cannot find an internal SCSI connection, only an external one and because I am trying everything I can think of, I connected a SCSI cable with a terminator to it, but I am still getting the same problem.
Brian Murdoch
Advisor

Darren,

The internal embedded SCSI port on the Proliant 2500 is on the small interconnect backplane which the I/O and system board cages plug into. You can see the 68 pin black connector if you take the side panel off (Tower model) and look below where the system board cage plugs into it. There is normally a SCSI cable on this with a terminator at the far end and a number of 68pin connectors for DAT/DLT etc to be fitted into the storage bays directly opposite.

The actual SCSI controller chip for this port is on the system board. Try a cable and terminator on this port as suggested earlier.
Danny Jeronimo

I have a Proliant 3000 with the same issue. 172-EISA Configuration Nonvolatile Memory Invalid Initialization Aborted.

Any help would be great

Danny

germargo
Occasional Advisor

I had the same problem recently (couple days back) with P2500.
I had a same error messages.
Problem - after clearing configuration, you PC trying to access build-in EISA SCSI, not a Array Controller.
Because of old technology - your controller not a Plag-and-Play compatible.
So you need to connect at least temporary one hard-drive or "Cage" itself directly to "internal" connector (near by power connectors) and run "Smart Start" CD to rebuild configuration.
Matt M_1

I am having similar problems. When system starts and completes memory test both processors are detected and initialized. Then I get 172-EISA Configuration...... error. The system then hangs at this point.
I have scsi cable connected to intergrated controller and drives.

Could anyone please help with this problem.

Thanks
jhfr

hi ,

i am rectified problem running system configuration utility.go to follwing site download the configuration utility and boot the system with whatever floppy is creating by utility.then save settings and reboot system.Now my system working fine.

with regards,
Venkatesan,

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html