ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753448 Members
6153 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 2500 power supply/backplane

Vance Williams

Proliant 2500 power supply/backplane

Is there an easy way to bench test a failed 2500 power supply and/or backplane? I have a 2500 that is not getting power. In the past I had a similar problem with a different 2500 and I replaced the power supply. This replacement power supply also failed (it was taken from a working unit). After replacing the backplane and putting in another power supply everything was fine. My conclusion was that the backplane had failed, taking out the power supply (actually two of them). I'd like to test the components before starting trial and error swapping.

Thanks,

Vance
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Vance,
The only easy way to try these components would be to use them one by one into a similar server.

Regards,
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

For the backplane board to "take out" the power supply it has to have a serious short on it. This can be easily established using an ohm meter on the connector of the backplane board where the power supply would connect. As Compaq does not release schematic diagrams for the backplane board or the power supply, the only way to trouble shoot it is to do comparison measurements between a known good backplane board and the suspect one.