Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 2500

SOLVED
Go to solution
mark duffy_4
Occasional Advisor

Proliant 2500

hi there i have a compaq proliant and i m trying to install W2k aadv server upon it although in doing so it goes through the fist install stage ok (blue screened one) but after reboot it says

Press any ket to Boot from CD .....
Error Booting System Partition
Boot Config diskette from A:
_ (<-- Flashing)

any help is great thanks

i am using smartstart 3.5 but with a manual installation and setup
7 REPLIES
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 2500

Mark,

Did you perform a System Erase first as part of the Smartstart installation? If not you probably need to do this. This will wipe any configured array controllers -so beware.

Regards,

Brian
mark duffy_4
Occasional Advisor

yep i did that to start with then i configured the system with the smartstart stuff e.g. language location day time then configured the raid

i then restarted and began my 2k installation detected arrays ok and proceeded to install

* note
Format was exceptionally quick although it was only a single 4.3Gb disk i left the other array unformatted

it then automattically restarts at the end of install after 15 secs and then reboots
goes through bios ok and then says

Press any ket to Boot from CD .....
Error Booting System Partition
Boot Config diskette from A:
_ (<-- Flashing)
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

First try to update the controller firmware
from the respectie site.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/14694.html

Then take the drive from the following site.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/locate/20_1273.html#7

then try to configure your server and check again.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Mark,

I might be wrong here but is it possible that you are removing the Smartstart CD too early? Smartstart sets the device boot order itself in the BIOS, regardless of whether a CD or floppy for that matter is inserted or not.

Don't remove the Smartstart CD until you are informed to by the installation process. It's possible that since the first message is "Press any key to Boot from CD" that's it is still looking for the CD.

Smartstart 3.5, although old was quite a stable version. If you are in the UK I coild possibly provide you with alternatives (4.1, 4.9 etc) but please confirm this first.

Also, if you have any third party devices installed such as SCSI or network controllers, remove these and leave the system as a base unit.

Regards,

Brian

Rahul Sharma
Frequent Advisor

Try a newer version of smart start. I was also having the same problem.plese check for all the steps.
upgrade the frimware on controller
system earse.
select the boot controller to boot from.
reset time date and manual selection of OS.
system restarts and will copy some of the files cpq and will tell you that now you can insert CD and cd rom to do the installation.
I think that should work out.

Rahul Sharma
Frequent Advisor

sorry i missed the raid configuration. once system erase is done and you have rebooted after os selection you will asked for array config. do this also. In system Bios setup also check for the boot order.
mark duffy_4
Occasional Advisor

hi thanks to you all for your help but i found that brian was right,

after configuring the raid it restarts and i thought it was complete - so i would put the windows 2k disk it to begin setup

i should have kept in the smartstart disk

thanks again to brian (A++++) and everyone else