ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 3000 CMOS Battery. How do you replace it???

Stan_55
Advisor

Proliant 3000 CMOS Battery. How do you replace it???

Hi,
Another question on this server. I was looking to replace the CMOS battery. It is a standard button type, however, it seems to be crimped in place on the board. It is sitting between the area where the dual Pll's are. I tried to move it from the small bracket that holds it in place, but was afraid of breaking something.. Any suggestions??
Thanks
Stan
3 REPLIES
Bryan_96
Occasional Advisor

Re: Proliant 3000 CMOS Battery. How do you replace it???

How have to get a external battery, the spares number is 160274-001. This attaches to a external battery header on the system io board.
Stan_55
Advisor

Thanks, I take it that the Button Battery doesn't come off then??? Unlike normal Mother Boards where you lift them out of their holder..
Stan
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Stan,

The original battery needs to be replaced as suggested. The replacement part, 160274-001 isn't easy to get from HP so have a look at the following link where I have given alternatives for it from the original manufacturer. It's a RayovaC battery which you should be able to get from any decent electronics shop.
(See this previous forum link)

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=749659

I have also attached the battery replacement information for the Proliant 3000 (Assuming this is a Pentium III model and not the older Pentium Pro system board).

Please see attachment.

I hope this helps.

Brian