cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 3000 Dual P3-550's not recognized in Win2k3

Mario Colon
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 3000 Dual P3-550's not recognized in Win2k3

I have gone through what I think is every mention of dual processors on Proliant servers in these forums and I still cannot get Win2k3 to see them. The processors are shown on boot-up, I have the most recent bios(P09), the most recent SCU, I changed the APIC to full table and full table-mapped, I made sure my jumpers for the procesors show UDDD and still nothing. When I go into Windows 2003 it shows the computer is a Standard PC. I tried to update the driver, but nothing else shows up as compatible. I thought Win2k3 was supposed to allow for this type of upgrade automatically? What step am I missing? Should I do a reload of Win2k3?
2 REPLIES
Sean Marshall_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Proliant 3000 Dual P3-550's not recognized in Win2k3

I don't thin a complete re-rinstall is needed. Try to upgrade the HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer)

See the following MS article for help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309283&Product=winsvr2003

Hope this helps
Mario Colon
Occasional Visitor

Re: Proliant 3000 Dual P3-550's not recognized in Win2k3

I looked at the MS article and I could not get the alternate option for for MPS multiprocessor to come up. When I selected to update the driver and I asked the system to show me all possible compatible drivers, it showed nothing other than standard PC. I reloaded Win2K3 and it now shows up properly. I guess since the APIC settings were incorrect when I first loaded Win2K3, it only loaded the standard PC hal and I could not change that.