ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752587 Members
3855 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 3000 E09

Nathaniel Doli

Proliant 3000 E09

I recently installed 1.5gb memory but when the system boots up it reads the memory, but the OS does not see more that 256mb? I have NT 4.0
3 REPLIES 3
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

Is the memory detected during system self test ?

On some older server models it was neccessary to run system setup after adding memory.
Nathaniel Doli

It see the memory at bootup, but I have not tried doing the system setup. I was advised by Kingston that this has been an issue for sometime with this compaq server EO9 3000. I have tried to find somekind of resource to figure it out.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Nathaniel,
In win nt4.0 you need to add maxmem switch in the boot.ini file. Here is the example:

This switch is placed at the end of the ARC path specified in the [operating systems] section of the Boot.ini file, as in this example:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\winnt="Windows NT" /maxmem=SizeInMB

SizeInMB:
Specifies the maximum amount of physical memory available to Windows. Enter a decimal number that represents the amount of memory in megabytes.
This parameter actually limits Windows to memory addresses less than or equal to the specified value. Because some memory within the remaining address space might be reserved for nonsystem use, the actual memory available to Windows might be less than the amount that you specify.

Regards,