1754020 Members
7289 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 3000 - How to Boot off CD?

Mark Griffith_1

Proliant 3000 - How to Boot off CD?

Hello all,
I recently obtained a Proliant 3000 server (dual PIII-600). I am attempting to run my SmartStart CD so that I can do a first time configuration. For some reason, the server will not boot off the CD. I have tried a couple bootable CD and nothing. It will boot off a floppy. The drives and 3200 Array Controller have not been configured, so it just give me a non-bootable disk message.

Is there a way to go into the BIOS/CMOS to configure the boot order (or turn on boot from CD)? If I can get the SmartStart CD to start up, I should be home free.

Thanks for your help!
--- Mark
4 REPLIES 4
Akos Hegedus
Valued Contributor

Follow this link, make the EISA config disks and you can change the boot order as you like it: http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html
bbbbbbb
Advisor

I tried this on my Proliant 5500. It still will not boot from the CD!

How does one get directly into the BIOS to check this setting?
Oliver Klauss

Turn off your machine, open your machine, look on the diagram when you remove the top of your server there should be a dipswitch mapping for the dip switches with default positions. There is a dip #6 (reset configuration data) turn it into position
off. Turn your machine on wait for the Compaq/HP logo to appear, turn your machine off and turn the switch to its orginal position.
This will clear all configuration data and the proliant will most likely to be on factory defaults.
Oliver Klauss

For the other problem with the CDROM:

make sure you have the original Compaq Cable
you may also use any other cable select cable
whatch out for the jumpers (CS is required)