ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753975 Members
7632 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 3000 New Proc Failure

Robert Huddleston_1

Proliant 3000 New Proc Failure

I have a second hand Proliant 3000 - running 300Mhz processor and 512Mb ram... I purchased a second 300Mhz processor board with VRM and etc - I was told that it was pulled from a working 3000. With both processors installed the system will not boot - the LCD is not reporting any errors - the disks are not powering up. It's almost like the system doesn't want to power up. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 3000 New Proc Failure

Hello Robert,
Just boot your system with single processor and make sure that the system bios is uptodate. Then when you install second CPU if the system does not come up then install the second CPU in place of the first CPU to see if actually your second CPU is functional or not.

Regards,
Robert Huddleston_1

yes... I've tried that method... The 2nd processor boots fine on the system in slot 1 with loop (dummy) card in place.
I've tried swapping the position of processor card 1 and card 2 and still no luck.
I've read previously to be worried about stepping, etc? Is that a possibility? Also do I have to change any jumpers to allow the 2nd processor card?
The LCD is up - the disks flash momentarily and then nothing. But if I put one of the two out and put loop card back in slot 2 then the system boots.
Robert Huddleston_1

Actually I had my onsite guy swap the cards and reposition and now it's booting with 212 error code. I am having him run the SCU.
Robert Huddleston_1

Okay SCU fixed it. Now just to find out if I have to rebuild the kernel for Redhat to support the SMP.
Thank you