cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 3000 No Post

Jefim
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 3000 No Post

I have a Proliant 3000 that stopped working. When I throw the power switch, the SCSI Hot Swap Lights flash, and the power light on the front of the case lights, but the server does not power on, the lights just flash and the LCD just keeps saying the firmware version. Anyone have any thoughts?
3 REPLIES
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 3000 No Post

Hello Jefim,
Please make sure that RAM, CPUs and all cables are connected properly. Usually, this kind of behavior is caused by when any of the above component is not sitting in properly. Reseat everything you can think of.

Regards,
Jefim
Occasional Visitor

Ok,

I just checked all the cables, reseated all the memory and CPU, and tryed powering it up again. The fans don't even come on, only the lights. Does the server need to be completely re-assembled (like, all hard drives hooked back up properly) for it to POST?

Thanks,
Jefim Piekarz
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Jefim,
Right around the drive cage there is small power connector which use to be a high call generator. This is very tiny and usually gets unplugged when playing with the cables inside the server. It's right around the other black connectors. Please have a look at it and reseat if you have to.

Regards,