1752805 Members
5541 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 3000 Question

Henry Black Jr.
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 3000 Question

I have a proliant 3000 server and set up in an array. Its set up into 2 volumes. volume 1 works fine, but volume 2 every now and then has a popup window that says "the volume has been removed". At first I thought that it might be a hard drive failing, but then I noticed the same message but for the cd-rom. The window that pops up is like a window when you take out a pcmcia card or usb item without turning it off first. I am not sure what to make out of this. If anyone has any ideas that would be nice. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Henry,
Please make sure that all the connections are secure in the server. Also while you'r at it update the system bios as well.

Regards,
Henry Black Jr.
Occasional Contributor

I have done that and a few other things and it seems to have cleared that problem. I have also installed the hp ProLiant Support Pack (PSP) for Microsoft Windows 2000, and ever since then it makes my server pause from time to time and also causes glitches in my video from time to time. Is there a fix to that or how can I remove that pack from my server. Thanks Henry
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Henry,
I would recommend updating The System Configuration of the server as well by using SP19619 or if you want to remove the PSP absolutely then you can always run the older support paq. Another question about the video problem you are encountering. Do you have PCANYWHERE installed?? If you do then please uninstall it apply the compaq/hp video drivers for your server. After doing this you can reninstall PCANY.

Regards,