7034 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant 3000 SCSI devices not detected

Cathy Wood_1
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 3000 SCSI devices not detected

Hello!
I've overcome many problems with this server with the help of the posts I've read in this forum, but one issue still eludes me... ---------------------------------------------------------When detecting the SCSI devices on the SMART 2DH Array Controller, IDs 0-6 and 8-15 fail. I presume this means that the controllers themselves are okay, but none of the drives are seen. We've replaced the Smart Array card and a damaged cable that we believe may have hindered communication, but the devices still do not detect. However, since we've rerun the configuration utility, the unit will boot to Windows Server. Anyone have any ideas why we continue to get the failure message on all the devices? ----------------------------------------------- HISTORY: unit wouldn't power on at all when it came into our shop. After swapping out a power supply unit finally ended up booting correctly. No SCSI Array errors. When unit was delivered back to the customer's site, it wouldn't boot. I reseated several chips on the board and it roared back to life. A couple of days later, customer reported erratic mouse behavior and that the unit would not come back up after a shutdown. I reseated the chips on the board again, unit powered on, but no boot. Reported a 172-EISA error, and the Smart Array error noted at the top of this post. (Unit may have been unplugged for a period of time and lost configuration info...) -------------------------------------------------------------------Any suggestions are gratefully received!! Thanks, Cat