3608 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 3000 - Smart-2 Controller DH

SOLVED
Go to solution
Patrick Panzenboeck

Proliant 3000 - Smart-2 Controller DH

I just upgraded the firmware for the Smart-2 Controller DH from ver 3.03 to 4.50 (latest version). The affect was that the controller wasn't able to find the drives anymore.

So now my question is: Does anybody have a Option ROMPaq that contains firmware 3.03 or any 3.0 version pretty much.

I have Smart start version 4.21 (contains firmware version 2.04) and then SmartStart 4.8 (contains firmware 4.33). I believe that the firmware version 3.xx was released in 2000.

Any help is welcome.
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Patrick,
A couple of questions for you....?? Does your controller show up during post?? Secondly, does it initialize. The sign of your controller initializing is when it shows you the firmware version. If the answer is yes then it could be a bad cable as well. Did you update the systam bios as well?? If not then here is the link to update it:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1112.html

Regards,
Patrick Panzenboeck

Sunil,

Yes, the controller showed up during post and reported the correct firmware version 4.5C, but then it reported that it can't find any logical drives.

Yes, I have the latest System ROM version installed.

After I posted yesterday, I force-flashed a old 2.14 firmware from http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/7702.html. The first cold boot after the firmware downgrade took a while, but the controller plus the drives came up. Now it seems to be running fine again. So I assume that 4.5 isn't compatible with the drives I have.

BTW I tried to upgrade the firmware for the drives too, but coudn't because no appropriate drives were found.

I would like to try to upgrade to a higher firmware version since Win2000 logs an event in the event log saying "The driver found a out-of-date firmware version. Reduced performance may result"
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Patrick,
You should try to step up the firmware instead of going to the latest one in one shot. I shall post the softpaqs numbers for you a little later since I have documented those and I have dont have the access to those right now. Please email me your info at sunil.jerath@hp.com. I shall try to email you the softpaqs.

Regards,