cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 3000 - Smart Controller 3200

David Shreffler - Pryor
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 3000 - Smart Controller 3200

We have several of the Proliant 3000 servers with the SCSI Smart Controller 3200. I'm running Windows 2000 Standard Server, SP4.
I've been having a lot of trouble lately with the event:
cpqarray
\Device\Scsi\Cpqarray1, did not respond within the timeout period. The computer will just lock up and not respond even to shutdown or ctrl-alt-del.
I can restart and at times the computer will run fine for a few days. I updated the firmware on one of these servers as well as the SCSI driver from the HP site. I still need to upgrade the others. My question is what could have happened to make the error happen so often on multiple server. I'm running Symantec Antivirus Enterprise version 10.01 build 1000 on all of them but that's the only change that has been made on them lately. I also changed out the SCSI card with one that hasn't been having a problem. The card I moved to the server without the problem continues to work well so I don't think it's a hardware problem with the card itself. I've read through all of the comments that I can find but I thought I'd try one more time to see if someone has had this problem before.
Thank you,
David Shreffler