6695 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 3000 Spontaneous Reboot

Jeff Kitchen
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 3000 Spontaneous Reboot

Greetings,

I have a Proliant 3000 running NetWare v5.1 sp6 and BorderManager 3.7 sp2 that is spontaneously rebooting itself. It does NOT appear to be abending. Can someone give me some tips on what I might do to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff
3 REPLIES 3
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 3000 Spontaneous Reboot

Check if any of the logs indicate a problem. We have seen this caused by a defective power supply.
Jeff Kitchen
Occasional Contributor

Frank,

Thanks for the tip. Not sure which logs you are referring to however.

Jeff
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Jeff,

Load the Compaq Integrated Management Log viewer (CPQIML.NLM) and this will allow you to see any critical entries produced during failure. It may even point to the failing item, i.e. power supply or CPU for example.

If the management agents are loaded and you can see the server via Insight Manager from a local/remote workstation, you can also view the IML entries here. In addition, if the Compaq the Survey utility is installed have a look at the SURVEY.TXT file where errors are also registered.

Console.log in SYS:ETC may also show console information prior to the reboot and ABEND.LOG in SYS:SYSTEM. Use EDIT to view these on the console if you are not using the GUI, i.e Load EDIT

Hope this helps,

Brian