1752621 Members
4743 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 3000 drive issue

Craig_106

Proliant 3000 drive issue

Hi,

I have a customer with a Proliant 3000r which is used as a cluster node.
It is configured with a single 9.1GB drive which is controlled from the embedded controller on the system board on channel A.

The problem is that after a drive replacement the On-line LED does not light up. I can access the drive OK, and the activity light flashes when the disk is being accessed. I have upgraded the drive firmware, and brought the system bios up to date, without success. I have also tried another drive without success. The drive was rebuilt using Smartstart 5.2, and the OS was loaded from here also. All other serves that are running in this configuration have the On-line LED lit up. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Crai Smith
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 3000 drive issue

Hello Craig,
I have seen this kind of behavior in the past. This has something to do with the SMART monitoring on the HDD. Usually by updating the firmware of the HDD should take care of this issue. Do you know if the drivers/System BIOS etc are uptodate?? If not then update those and give it a try.

Regards,
e4services
Honored Contributor

THe drive is bad, either the drive or more likely the carrier. It happens to us all the time
Hot Swap Hard Drives
E Evans
Advisor

Hi i work with craig and know of this problem, trust me the drive is ok, the likely cause is as the first person suggest a firmware issue, but we welecome any other input

Ed
E Evans
Advisor

More info, The drive has been flashed with the latest firmware (sorry if this wasn't mentioned previously)

Ed