1753556 Members
5894 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 3000 w/ Smart Array 3200

deborah_14
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 3000 w/ Smart Array 3200

I have this server that needs rebuilding. When I start up with Smart Start and go into Array Configuration, it nevers gets past detection. Apart from ruling out that the controller is bad or the PCI slot is bad, should I have applied any ROM Pacs or patches before trying to install this Array card?
2 REPLIES 2
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

It can be that your Smartstart version i.e. ACU is too old to recognize the SA-3200. Try with a newer version (4.9 or 5.5) or run the newest ACU inside the OS if possible.
Otherwise your controller is faulty.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Doug Eaton_1
Advisor

Deborah, does the system report that the "Smart Array Contoller is initializing" when you power up the server, if it does, it should either tell you that it unconfigured or the number of logical drives its configured for, if you don't see that message, your controller may be defective, but certainley try it in another slot before tossing it out. While it probably won't hurt anything to ensure that the server and array controller firmware is current, I assume that it did work at one time with the current firmware, and since the 3200 has been out for quite some time, you would have to be using quite an old version of SmartStart, if you have your original packaging for the controller, you might find the required SmartStart version there...

doug...