ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753903 Members
9876 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 3000R startup

Tom_327

Proliant 3000R startup

I have a 2dh Array controller (295244-001)and (5) 9.1gb drives in a RAID 5 array. After a recent power failure, My server will not get past the POST step following initializing drives. When I go to the diagnostics and looked at the array, it originally showed that I had Parity Error Read (1). My assumption was that my Array controller was bad and replaced it with a 2dh Array controller (295243-001)all that was available and was told it is a suitable replacement. I've updated firmware and rom, etc.. When I boot the machine and it hits that same step in the POST, I get the same error (NO SCSI DRIVES FOUND).. then... returning to the diagnostics for the array, all the drives show no failures and status of OK, there are no errors with the array, no errors anywhere... yet the POST still fails to recognize my drives.
The drives have 3 LED's (2 green, 1 amber) and after that point in the POST, the 2 green stay solid. Normal intermittent blinking up to that point.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom
2 REPLIES 2
Nathan Gervais
Trusted Contributor

Hi Tom,

Have you run the SCU or F10 utility again? IF not you can find it here http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

Also might want to go into the SCU / F10 and make sure your boot controller order is set right.
Tom_327

The array is set to THIRD, floppy was first, etc..

I have pressed "F10" when that option becomes available in the POST.. That's how I was getting the diagnostic info concerning the condition of the drives and the array.

I have tried diabling the Accelerator Cache, rebooting, then re-enabling it, tried changing the cache settings, rebooting then changing them back.. Seemed to be what some of the forum suggestions were for others with the parity error. Anyway, tried all of those and nothing has worked.