1752812 Members
6258 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 3110 Startup problem

Glen R Stobbs
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 3110 Startup problem

I have recently got hold of an old 3110 which I was hoping to use as a background server for development purposes. However, it will not boot up, though the Raid controller seems to be working [runs through spinup on each drive fine]. There used to be a DAT drive in the machine before I bought it, but this has been removed. We get a flicker on the Keyboard as soon as the unit is powered up, but then nothing. No video, and no power to the keyboard. I have run through the basics [removal & refitment of all cables, boards etc] but still without success.

At no point does the monitor kick in, and we have tried an array of different monitors.
4 REPLIES 4
Glen R Stobbs
Occasional Contributor

Re: Proliant 3110 Startup problem

I have just found out it is a 3140 Series, serial: 8513HKK10054
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi glen,

Your serial number reflect that you are having PROLIANT 4000/R 5/100
Confirm that first if i am right or wrong about it.Which controller we are using for connectivity.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Glen R Stobbs
Occasional Contributor

It is definately a 3140 according to the plate on th side of the machine.

Not sure about the controller - or any of the hardware, as it is a second-user server with no paperwork.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Just to confirm from your end provide the same serial no to your local HP office they will confirm the model of the server.

Where as at post it will show information regarding the SA on the erver only.We can try to remove additional component from server and try to clear nvram for same server and then check it.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible