1748129 Members
3535 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 370 G3

Marcel Baumann
Occasional Advisor

Proliant 370 G3

On a ML370 G3, i have the same error message. OS: Windows 2000 Server, SP3. Harware: 2xXeon, 2.4GHz, NIC NC7781, driver version 2.75. The server runs stable, but this error occurs every few hours!
12 REPLIES 12
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Hi Marcel,
What error are you referring to?

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Marcel Baumann
Occasional Advisor

Hi

I found a similar question in this forum, but did not include the full text, sorry.

Now my problen is the folloeing:

I've got an error message in the windows event viewer : event 1010 Perflib :
The Collect Procedure for the "Tcpip" service in DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\Perfctrs.dll" generated an exception or returned an invalid status. Performance data returned by counter DLL will be not be returned in Perf Data Block. Exception or status code returned is DWORD 0.

Thanks for any tips

Marcel
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info.
The problem was actually found in Microsofts Perfmon DLLs. Please call Microsoft and they can supply you with a hot fix for this. Here's the Q article. Q318663. Not sure if this is out yet or not.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

Q318663
talks about a different event ID but I went ahead and patched my test server and it is still loging the event ID 1010..

Guess will just have to turn off the performance counter.

SYMPTOMS
After you add an incoming network connection in Network properties, the TCPIP object is no longer listed in System Monitor.

When this problem occurs, the Application event log records entries are similar to:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Perflib
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1017
User: N/A
Description:
Performance counter data collection from the "Tcpip" service has been disabled due to one or more errors generated by the performance counter library for that service. The error(s) that forced this action have been written to the application event log. The error(s) should be corrected before the performance counters for this service are enabled again.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Perflib
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2000
User: N/A
Description:
The pointer returned did not match the buffer length returned by the Collect procedure for the "Tcpip" service in Extensible Counter DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\Perfctrs.dll". The Length will be adjusted to match and the performance data will appear in the Perf Data Block. The returned length is data DWORD 0, the new length is data DWORD 1.
Data:
0000: 78 10 00 00 50 10 00 00 x...P...
William_79

I get the same error from "out of the box" smartstart 6.20 install.

ML370 G3 rack win2k/server

MS site say's it may be a NC7781 problem waiting for firmware upgrade.

It may be a small problem, but I don't like to deploy servers with red-lights in the event log.
k. nickolaus

I have the same error message on DL580 G2's. All are Windows 2000 Server, SP3 even with the NC77xx NIC at driver version 2.90. The 580's were setup with Smartstart V6.1

The server runs fine but this error msg occurs every 5 minutes in the application log.
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

well there is another q81xxx
that we just got and I am testing it now.
will let you know how it goes.
hope it is better than the other one.
ARAN_1
Occasional Advisor

Try updating your Compaq insight agents to the latest version from the compaq support web site.
Decisive I Think
David in Tennessee
Frequent Advisor