ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753485 Members
4319 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 380 g3 problem for Redhat 8.0

yudhi Irawan

Proliant 380 g3 problem for Redhat 8.0

I have the problem server proliant dl 380 g3 for the redhat of 8.0 1. its kernel often panic 2. sometime network often break
help the me to solve problem this ?
4 REPLIES 4
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

Dont think this is directly related to DL380 G3 server, to make sure the server is good you can try the following
1.Take the server downa dn run diagnostics to make sure the hardware is good if good then
2.Try to put the patest kernel bundle(RedHat always recommends this when you call them)you could alwasy go back to the old kernel.

This should help you debug this issue if nothing works, you need to call RedHat and they might suggest something like updating the network driver or maybe something else , good luck.

Rgds

HGN
Gopi Sekar
Honored Contributor

i believe the main reason would be driver for network card and second is kernel support.

if you have no real reason to stick to redhat 8.0 try Fedora Core 3, this is based on RedHat desktop only and contains latest and greatest hardware support.

Redhat 8.0 is atleast 3 years old. There were lot of known issues fixed in this time frame, better try with newer OS.

Hope this helps,
Gopi
Never Never Never Giveup
yudhi Irawan

Problem of Server Proliant DL 380 G3 which yesterday have been overcome [by] after me of install Support Pack, but after [in] install Support Pack [of] there [is] new problem that is

1. NIC Server mentioned [by] there [is] 2 port ( 0 and 1) but the OS look for from port 2 until 7 :
newdb11 modprobe: modprobe: can't locate module eth2 until eth7 ( OS read continuously )

2. I make the script to check the the road;street server have stabilized what not yet each;every per last 3 [hour/clock] arise the problem that is :
newdb11 kernel: cciss0: No Device change detected.
newdb11 kernel: cciss0: No Appropriate SCSI device detected, SCSI Subsystem of note engaged ( this problem go out per 3 [hour/clock] once 3. Each;Every this server [in] flaming there [is] message :
hda: bad special flag: 0 X 03

requesting I [is] looked for again its solution

Thk
Yudhi
Gopi Sekar
Honored Contributor

i am not able to get ur problem exactly.

is the server still hanging? or whatever u have described those messages were displayed in system logs (dmesg, /var/log/messages).

if the server is not hanging, then the messages whatever u r seeing could be warning message which says that OS is not able to take care of particular feature of hardware.

ex: OS is not able to understand CCISS driver for 5i

Gopi
Never Never Never Giveup