ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 380DL G7 + Intel SSD 320 Series or OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Storage Temperature fail

nimendol
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 380DL G7 + Intel SSD 320 Series or OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Storage Temperature fail

Hi Guys,

we've got a HP Prolient DL380 G7 running with SSD. We had Intel x25 SSD which run perfectly. Now the Intel X25 SSD's are EOF! Therefore we buyed 2 Intel 320 Series SSD's and 2 OCZ Vertex 3 SSD's. We want to put them into the Server as Raid 1 Arrays. The Problem is now, if we put them in the server and start up the server after about 5 minutes ALL Fan's in the Server are going crazy! And the Over Temp LED is flashing!

But the Server runs without any problems. I have attached a Screenshot from ILO! There the temperture of the Storage is -6° C which isn't correct.

Do you have any Idea of a work around or something else?

BIOS Version and Smart Array Version are up 2 date!

GreetZ nimendol

4 REPLIES
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant 380DL G7 + Intel SSD 320 Series or OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Storage Temperature fail

Hi,

I dont think there is any problem with HP server or firmware.  After doing some research, I found that some or most of the SSD does not have a temperature sensor.

You may have to contact the SSD manufacturer or check if there is any Firmware update for SSD.

Check the last three posts from Intel community link.

http://communities.intel.com/message/130109

http://forums.aida64.com/index.php?/topic/166-temperature-error-ocz-vertex-2-ssd/

Thanks

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant 380DL G7 + Intel SSD 320 Series or OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Storage Temperature fail

nimendol
Occasional Contributor

Tanks a lot for the informations!

I give a look at the fiirmware versions of the ssd's!

And post here the feedback!
nimendol
Occasional Contributor

I have upgraded the Firmware of the OCZ SSD - but no changes :/

Is it possible to deactivate only the Storage Sensor? Or is it possible to say that this Sensor is "Not Installed" - like Temp3 CPU?