ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753882 Members
7169 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 3K Short?

frack

Proliant 3K Short?

I could really using some help troubleshooting a hardware? issue. We have a proliant 3000 dual 333 server. I shut down the machine, pulled a nic card out of the machine, without noticing it was still plugged in. Now I can't get the machine to boot. I replaced the motherboard, but the response is still nill. The light on the front of the svr still goes on, and the led on the power supply still blinks. I swapped out with another power source on a working svr, so I know the power supply is still good.
3 REPLIES 3
Duane Wolf

Pulling the nic card out while the Server is still plugged in shouldn't have been a problem.

What OS are you using?

I'd try unplugging everything but the Board/processor/ram first. Boot up and see if you can get to the Boot up screens or BIOS setup.

If it boots then start plugging things back in 1 at a time.

Also maybe try putting the nick back in the same place and boot up and see if it goes right back up or not too.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I believe the blinking power supply led is the clue. Are the leds blinking 10 green, then 1 amber?

This machine has interlocks on it. If the covers are not fully seated again then this could cause this. If the covers are fully seated, then I would say one or both of the interlocks are bad.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
frack

I have already tried pulling out the nics, mem, etc.. I should have mentioned that in my initial post. I just took the machine apart to clean it out. It used to blink an amber light(the /!\ light) once on startup while the other light stayed solid green. I would have an LCD Display. The light on the back /!\ would blink green about 10 times after I switched the machine on, but the machine won't post. Now that I thought I would be smart and blow out the machine and recheck all of my connections, I do not receive any blinking lights or a LCD Display. Thanks for the replies by the way. I have checked all of my connections, pins, blah,blah,blah, and everything "looks" ok. The LED light stays sold green.