108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 4000 Startup Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tyler Moyle
Occasional Advisor

Proliant 4000 Startup Problem

Hello, I have a Proliant 4000 server and I was putting a ethernet network card in and I took it out since i wanted to test and see if the computer stil l run right, when I turned it on the computer and monitor starts up but the computer seems not to load and nothing comes up on the monitor, can anyone tell me what is wrong and how i can fix this problem?
8 REPLIES 8
Claude Boileau
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Tyler,
You will probably have to receipt all the card and other removable components including memory and check cables. If you don???t get any post and the power supply fan is working and there no video their is something not well seated or there is a video problem. Is it all Compaq memory? If you have many modules you probably want to reduce that to its minimum and unplug any tape drives or any non Compaq hardware.

Hope this will help

claude
Tyler Moyle
Occasional Advisor

Hello, so I shoudl remove all hardware that I can take out and memory and only put the minimum amount required of ram in and check it all out and the wires and then put it back in correct?
Tyler Moyle
Occasional Advisor

Also, yes it is all compaq hardware, also do you know of a place where I can get a hard drive for this server?
Tyler Moyle
Occasional Advisor

Hello, can you tell me where the Jumper with the text next to it sayng "Clear CMOS" ?
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

The Clear NVRAM switch is S6 on SW2

See further info at ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/qrg/proliant2000_4000.pdf
Tyler Moyle
Occasional Advisor

I am asking where to find it on the server
Tyler Moyle
Occasional Advisor

Hello, ive found that switch but how does that help me with fixing this problem or finding the text I am looking for? I am looking for this because this is what someone said to me.

"i think what you are trying to say is that the system doesn't post.

allright, i think that can be remidied pretty quick.
get our your motherboards manual, or look around on the board for a jumper that has Clear CMOS written next to it.

when you find it, disconnect the system from the power points, and then short the jumper for a few seconds. return the jumper to as it was, and reconnect power. should boot just fine"

Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

To clear the NVRAM, put that switch on, turn the computer on, leave it on for a minute, turn it off, turn the switch off, turn the computer on, the NVRAM will be cleared.