ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753781 Members
7386 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 5000 - Download Array Config Software - Where from????

Jim Coote

Proliant 5000 - Download Array Config Software - Where from????

I have a Proliant 5000, but I need help as to where I can download the SMART-2/P array configuration software so that I can configure the drive arrays on boot. This system has no O/S installed. I have downloaded the system configuration (SP19619), but I cannot find the download for the array configuration. I have smartstart 6.4 but this is not compatable with the 5000.
Any advise would be very much appriciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Jim,
To set up your array properly you definitely need a Smart Start CD and in your case you would require 5.50 version which can be ordered by calling 1-800-573-1099 if you are in North America. Please make sure that you specify that you need 5.50 version.

Regards,
e4services
Honored Contributor

If all you are asking is to downlaod the ACU, you can download the Array Configuration Utility and the ACU User Guide from the HP website, but you need the OS for that.

Other 5000 related items are at :
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/8_1109.html

Compaq System Configuration Utility, This SoftPaq creates four diskettes for the System Configuration Utility for Compaq EISA and PCI server products
Options ROMPaq For Array Controllers, The Options ROMPaq for Array Controllers provides four (4) diskettes that allow a user to upgrade the ROM Firmware images for Compaq Smart Array and RAID Array Controllers.

Other SMART-2 items are at:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/locate/20_1273.html
Options ROMPaq For Array Controllers

Compaq Array Configuration Utility for Windows 2000
Hot Swap Hard Drives