cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 5000R problems

Sheldon Fuchs
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 5000R problems

Hoping someone can help me out here. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to SCSI & RAID & Drive arrays etc, so bear with me if this is elementary.

Our company bought some used hardware and I've been tasked with getting it up and going. I've been fighting with this for a few days & have learnt a lot, but can't for the life of me figure out what is causing this problem.

Hardware:
Compaq Proliant 5000R
5 4.3gig SCSI drives (internal)
1 SCSI CD-Rom
2dh Array controller
Compaq 32-bit Fast-Wide SCSI Controller /P

I've mostly got this stuff working - Windows Advanced Server is installed & SCSI drives are accesible etc.

2 different types of drive arrays - one is a Digital (Model: BA356-SB) it has two connectors for SCSI. If I use "the one on the right side" - the drives are recognized during system boot - the message appears as:
SCSI Controller, System Board:
ID 0 - DEC RZ28
ID 1 - DEC ......
ID 2 - DEC ......
ID 5 - Compaq CRD-254V

This looks pretty good to me, but a couple of minutes after windows has been started - I get an error stating that I've ejected hardware - for each of the 3 DEC drives.

Second Drive array is an MTI Gladiator 3200. I've not been able to get this recognized at all - in fact, if I plug it into the external SCSI connector, the cd-rom is no longer recognized.

Any kind of help would be appreciated - note that none of this equipment came with any kind of manual and/or software.

Thanks,
Sheldon