ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753470 Members
5427 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 5500 with Smart Array 3200:prompted for Drive Array Configuration diskette

SOLVED
Go to solution
me_20
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 5500 with Smart Array 3200:prompted for Drive Array Configuration diskette

I just got a proliant 5500 server with a smart array 3200 controller managing 9 18.2 ultra2 scsi├в s. It is configured as a raid 5 with 6 scsi├в s active, 1 as a hot swap, and 2 as a cold swap. There is no OS installed on the server yet. I want to reconfigure the array so that there are 7 active scsi├в s, 1 hot swap, and 1 cold swap. When I go into the smart array bios I am prompted to insert a diskette labeled ├в Drive array configuration├в into drive a:. I did not get any cd├в s or diskettes with the server and have surfed HP├в s support site for hours looking for a drive array configuration diskette to no avail. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

p.s. this is the first time I have worked with raid hardware so idiot instructi
5 REPLIES 5
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant 5500 with Smart Array 3200:prompted for Drive Array Configuration diskette

Hello,
You need to obtain a Smart Start CD 5.50 version which can be obtained by calling 1-800-573-1099. Since you would be doing a fresh install I would suggest running system erase and choose the assisted method installation after you obtain a Smart Start CD 5.50 or earlier.

You surely can do a basic installation of your hardware by downloading System configuration Utility (SP19619) from our website. Here is the link:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

But for Array configuration you would require the CD.

Regards,
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

Go to http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/index.html

Choose 5500 under the Product pulldown and select the desired O/S. You will see all the drivers and utilites that are available, including the ACU (Array Configuration Utility).

Your best bet is to run the System Erase utility and do a new configuration using SmartStart.

Pierre JEAN

Hi,
I contact you about the smartstart cd.
Did you find it ?
I'm in the same situation as you and I need to download this CD.
Best regards.

See you.

Pierre.
p.je@libertysurf.Fr
Emilio Vega

EVERYONE.....

buy one from ebay, theyre only a few bucks... HP/Compaq charges like hundreds..
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Folks,
As Emilio suggested that HP/COMPAQ chages hundreds for SMART START CD, that's absolutely wrong. The price of Smart CD is not more then $20/- and can be ordered by calling 1-800-573-1099.

Regards,