ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753435 Members
4662 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 6000 no post/no video

OSSJim

Proliant 6000 no post/no video

I have a proliant 6000, 2-200mhz processors, half gig of ram and was installing win 2003. All was well finished the installed, powered the unit off and went home. Came back, powered it up to no post and no video. I have tried minimum memory, no hard drives, checked each processor, removed all cards to no avail. am I missing anything?
3 REPLIES 3
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

OSS,

At least we are getting energy to the system, Proliant 6000, with a hardware failure, it was not the cards, both procs are good, memory is fine, but I will just tell you what you already know, please replace the system board, or in the best case if you have another one handy test it with it.

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.
OSSJim

Jaime,

Thank you for your reply. My first problem with this server is it wouldn't power up at all so I purchased a new mother board, which didn't solve the problem. It was the cover switches that were defective and replaced. The system came up just finer after that with a new motherboard in it (so now I have two good motherboards). When this new problem surfaced, i put my old good motherboard back in and have the same problem with that.......

Where does post come from? a chip on the motherboard?

Thanks Jaime
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

OSSJim,

That's weird, yes the post comes from a chip in the system board, but on this system I can not recall which.
I would test again a nw cover switches, since every parts that we get for this system is refurbished or used, it would not be strange that those parts just died on you faster than what you wanted.

Regards,

Jaime.

Work hard when the need comes out.