Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 6000 won't boot

SOLVED
Go to solution
ekilgore
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 6000 won't boot

I have a Proliant6000 second-hand server that was running Win2K. I decided to wipe the drive array configurations and reinstall the OS. The server will not boot from CD drive (only floppy), so I can't run SmartStart CD. I cannot get into the BIOS. I started to boot from the Win2K setup floppies that I made and I lost electrical power for several seconds while running this setup. This caused the server to reboot. It is now looking for the ntldr file on startup, but it doesn't see any drives on the RAID. No drives are recognized with any version of a DOS boot disk that I have used. Any suggestions how I can get up and running enough to run smart start. I haven't been able to find any DOS SCSI drivers for this system to make my own boot disk.
2 REPLIES
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant 6000 won't boot

Hello Eric,
You need to create system configuration diskettes by downloading a softpaq from HP/COMPAQ site. The SP No is 19619. Which can be downloaded from the following link:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

Regards,
ekilgore
Occasional Visitor

Re: Proliant 6000 won't boot

Thanks Sunil,

I found the SP and booted with them, and it was pretty straight forward from there. I did have to "restore from SCI file" option first. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIMELY RESPONSE!

I wish you well