1753447 Members
4997 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 6000

Scott Prior
Occasional Advisor

Proliant 6000

I just received a Proliant 6000 server. I installed windows 2000 server on it, but have been unable to resolve a hardware problem. the intel 82371AB/EB pCI to usB universal Host Controller can not be configured, and says in device manager to get a bios fix for it. I have flashed the bios with the most recent from the compaq website, to no avail. is there a way to fix this? Also, I have a Proliant Storage Array cabinet /F1 series. what type of cable do I need? standard Wide SCSI 68pin male?
3 REPLIES 3
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 6000

Hi Scott;

Do actually have that host controller installed in a PCI slot in the machine?

In my experience, a Remote Insight Lights-Out Board installed in the wrong slot will show up as an unconfigured PCI to USB bridge in the win2K device list.

Might that be the case for you?

Check out this matrix: http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remote-lightsout/server-slot-matrix.html

You need the RILO in slot 3 or 4.

That's my only hint on this one. Hope it helps.

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Scott Prior
Occasional Advisor

I removed all the cards with exception to the NIC, Arrays, and main board...that hardware is still there, and still can't load properly.
Scott Prior
Occasional Advisor

here's an update:

I can see all of the hard drives, both arrays, everything. the drives don't show up in My computer, or anything else, but I see them listed in Device Manager. the Intel 82371AB/EB is still saying :

Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS Update (Code 35)

is that keeping me from seeing/browsing the drives?